Header Ads

All I want Google, Samsung, and Apple to do is copy this Garmin watch feature

A Garmin Instinct 2X shines its flashlight and peak brightness onto a dark desk.
Credit: Kaitlyn Cimino / Android Authority
Opinion post by
Kaitlyn Cimino

I’m not shy about my appreciation of Garmin devices, especially when it comes to trekking up mountains and getting lost in the woods. However, my latest Garmin obsession has nothing to do with stats or GPS accuracy. Instead, it’s an add-on feature I’m jonesing to see other wearable brands adopt. The Garmin LED flashlight ceremoniously making its way to many of the company’s top multisport devices is surprisingly useful, and not just for adventuring. I’d drop extra cash to see leaders like Samsung, Apple, and Google elevate their smartwatches with this highly-useful tool.

I desperately want to see Samsung, Apple, and Google adopt Garmin's built-in LED flashlight on their own devices.

Before you get your hands on an equipped Garmin watch, an LED flashlight on your fitness tracker may sound like a gimmick. Even listing top use cases makes the addition sound logical, but not wholly necessary. Once you’ve strapped one to your wrist though, I assure you, you’ll be sold. Just like the flashlight on your smartphone, Garmin’s built-in flashlight comes in handy on a daily basis for everyday tasks.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/SFUlRMX

No comments

Powered by Blogger.