Header Ads

Are you keeping your Huawei phone despite the Google ban?

Huawei users have a tough decision to make.

Huawei's presence in the smartphone space remains very uncertain. Unless something drastic changes in the coming weeks, Huawei will lose access to Google apps, services, and Android updates once August rolls around.

While existing Huawei phones will continue to work, the lack of any future updates will gradually turn them into aging bricks as time goes on.

This leaves current Huawei users in an awkward position, but looking through the AC forums, it would appear that some people are still planning on holding onto their devices.

Scienceguy Labs
05-23-2019 04:50 AM

Keeping my Mate 20 X for now. Thought about selling it, but with this news, I'd probably be selling at a major loss. Personally, I think that this will all be sorted out over the next few months, and things will be back to normal. But, just in case, I'm researching some potential replacements.

Reply
cert15z
05-23-2019 08:09 AM

I will be keeping my P30 Pro and I just picked up a OnePlus 7pro as a backup.

Reply
Eggmundo
05-24-2019 09:46 AM

Very reluctantly listing it on eBay despite having bought it new from eBay a couple of weeks ago. IF it sells, I'll go back to my Pixel 2.

Reply
LPRodgers
05-24-2019 01:00 AM

I'll be clutching my p30s until Google services stop working I don't think that anything coming up will be better than those two phones and I don't foresee that happening for a few more years

Reply

What about you? Are you holding on to your Huawei phone?

Join the conversation in the forums!



from Android Central - Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers http://bit.ly/2I0G2B9

No comments

Powered by Blogger.