Header Ads

Id love to buy a Galaxy Watch 6 but it isnt the smartwatch for me

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro in silver color with fluoroelastomer strap on wrist showing ECG
Credit: Kris Carlon / Android Authority
Opinion post by
Rita El Khoury

If rumors are to be believed, we’re about a month away from the Galaxy Watch 6’s launch. And we’re also a month away from me watching Samsung’s keynote with a bit of jealousy because as much as I want to love this watch, it isn’t for me. The reason is simple: Samsung keeps locking some of its watch features to its own phones and, as a multi-phone (and specifically Pixel) user, I would be missing out on several crucial features if I bought this watch.

I say this with the resignation of a smartwatch fan who got a Galaxy Watch 4 in 2021 and loved how it mixed the best of Samsung with the best of Google and Wear OS. It took a few months and updates, but having access to both Bixby and Google Assistant or Samsung Pay and Google Wallet was neat. So was the ability to install Gboard and Google Messages on the watch to have a uniform experience with my phones.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/PWhxF72

No comments

Powered by Blogger.