Header Ads

Synology’s Darth Vader-like router taught me how to control my home network

synology wrx560 side angle 1
Credit: Rita El Khoury / Android Authority

Routers and Wi-Fi networks are still more or less of a mystery to me. But as a mobile geek who loves trying out the latest phones and smart home devices, and who often finds herself with several unknown gadgets to test, I am increasingly wary of two aspects of my home network: stability and security.

So when Synology reached out to ask if I’d like to test out the WRX560 router, I immediately jumped on the opportunity. My home network was getting overloaded and impossible to manage, and my current router lacked advanced controls. Or if it had them, I couldn’t tell — the interface was horrendous. In contrast, the WRX560 promised dual-band Wi-Fi with support for Wi-Fi 6 and an optional mesh network feature. Plus, having owned a Synology NAS drive for six years now, I knew the interface would be familiar and very easy to navigate.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/ryf42vB

No comments

Powered by Blogger.