Header Ads

Step aside emulation, I restored my old Nintendo instead

Game Boy Advance SP with Pokemon
Credit: Dhruv Bhutani / Android Authority

As a twelve-year-old, my first brush with modern console gaming was with Nintendo’s Game Boy Advance SP. It wasn’t the first video game I’d played, but growing up in India, it was rare to have access to the latest and greatest consoles.

The Game Boy Advance introduced me to a new world of power-ups courtesy of Super Mario, epic storytelling via Final Fantasy IV, my own quest to be the very best thanks to Pokémon, and hundreds of hours of entertainment spent strategizing my next move in Advance Wars. However, as life goes, somewhere along the line, my childhood companion got left behind for bigger and shinier things.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/P3IJHEA

No comments

Powered by Blogger.