Header Ads

I’m so fed up with streaming platforms that I’m going back to physical DVDs

Jellyfin Media Server DVD Collection
Credit: Robert Triggs / Android Authority
Opinion post by
Robert Triggs

$60 a month or $720 a year. That’s roughly how much it costs to subscribe to the big five TV streaming services and listen to music without ads on Spotify. And that’s just at the basic level; if you’re in family plan territory, it’s easy to spend at least another 50% on top of that. No matter how you slice it, that’s a lot of money spent to end up staring at a screen and asking yourself: “Why can’t I find anything good to watch?”

If you can’t tell, I’ve fallen out of love with streaming services this year for a number of reasons. For starters, I can’t say I’ve been particularly impressed with the caliber of this year’s new “must-watch” shows. Reading online, I’m not alone in my disappointment with high-budget platform exclusives that have left many wondering whether they’re paying too much. Especially as several companies have increased their fees this year.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/iJT5KZI

No comments

Powered by Blogger.