Header Ads

Apple Journal is nice, but it’s no Journey or Day One alternative yet

Apple Journal app showing suggestions
Credit: Dhruv Bhutani / Android Authority
Opinion post by
Dhruv Bhutani

Apple’s announcement earlier this year that it was foraying into the journaling app ecosystem was not entirely surprising; mental health and wellness are increasingly central to the company’s software decisions. The introduction of Mindfulness capture in Watch OS 10 and iOS 17 is just one way Apple hopes you’ll begin logging your mental wellbeing. Coupled with all the health data, it is possible to draw a correlation between, say, an elevated heart rate and mental stress levels. However, as someone who has struggled with anxiety and depression most of my life, I can confirm that capturing your current state of mind is only one part of the equation.

Journaling is an immensely personal activity that can help you relive moments or destress. Digital journaling makes it a lot more accessible.

Journaling is an immensely personal act that lets you pour out your exact mental state — positive or negative, onto paper. It’s no replacement for a therapist, but daily journaling is a highly effective way to relieve mental burden. While I’ve maintained a physical journal most of my teenage life, I switched to digital journaling a decade back when I picked up the Journey app for my Android phone. I’m also well aware of the extremely popular Day One journaling app.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/tHOzEg9

No comments

Powered by Blogger.